Keywords are essential for your website or online business. You need keywords to market your business. The keywords are used to gain traffic and attract customers to buy your product. The idea is when someone is looking for a specific product or let say he’s a person who has questions and wants an answer. The most common thing he’ll do is go online and visit any search engine such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, Ask, and others, then he will type a phrase to find answers. The phrase he types will be your keywords. The keywords should also be related to your product or business.
Here are the steps on how to do a simple keyword research:
1. Go to Google Keyword Tool. If you’re a newbie and still cannot afford software or tools that have payment, then I suggest you use free tools such as Google Keyword Tool. Usually, there are a lot of free tools you can choose from, however, most of them have very limited features unless you purchase the tool. For newbies, Google keyword tool is a perfect way to start with.
2. Get Ideas. In the google keyword tool, you can type any words that are related to your business or product. Start with 2 to 3 words of ideas. For example, your business is about natural beauty products, then you can type in the search bar this phrase as natural beauty products. Click Search or Enter. Then, you will get all ideas related to your keyword. Most likely, it will show about 100 up to 1000 or more of keyword ideas.
3. Analyze the Keywords. From the thousands of keyword ideas you get on the first search, you will need to study and analyze it’s relevant to you business. It will also be better to consider its monthly search volume. At least 100 monthly search volume is ideal to consider when searching for the perfect keywords to your business. Any keywords lower than 100 monthly search volume should be deleted.
4. Get deeper keywords and value. From thousands of keywords down to hundreds of them, you can choose the first 100 or at least 30 keywords; and then copy and paste them to the related keyword search bar. There’s a filter to click for related keywords only to show up. When you get the related keywords show up, study them and analyze again.
5. Gather your final list of keywords. When you’re done studying and analyzing the list of related keywords to your business and products, you can now save them and list it down to your SEO tool on the website. Remember, the final keywords must be business-related, long-tail keywords, and has high monthly search volume. Also, do not forget to consider the competitor ranking of keywords.