Search Engine Optimization is divided into two parts these are On-Page (On-Site) Optimization and Off-Page (Off-Site) Optimization both process must be done properly to get ranked in the top search engines. In order to get noticed and be one of the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), you have to do your on-site and off-site campaign. The two procedures must be done wisely and accordingly. If one method is missing the other method is useless. So, we suggest you make them both for you website.
Here are some tips for On-Page Optimization:
1. Domain Name – Come up with a unique domain name that has less competition. List down your ideas domain name and make research online if those names are already taken or not. Don’t just come up with names that are already taken by other websites. It should be something unique and catchy. Short and Precise. If you’ll manage to generate one unique domain name, I assure you will get indexed on the search engines within 2-3 days.
2. Header – Make a good visible header. It could be logo or images as long as it shows your website name or company name. Make sure the fonts of your header are bold and larger size. Somehow, search engines also take consideration of what your header is.
3. Website Logo and Icon – As much as possible have your own logo and icon for browsers and tabs. It doesn’t really need to be fancy, just make sure you have one. You can make a temporary logo and icon through paint. You can also buy online for logo. Just make sure it’s clear and visible.
4. Content must be original and informative – A website must have its own niche. Focus on your niche and write contents that are informative. I suggest you used International Language – American or British English. Search Engines gives credit to those who uses international language since it’s easy to read and understand without using a translator. In content, it also includes you images, videos, inside linking, and tags. For images, place them on the location on your site. It is important that you give credit to the person who owns the images if you just copy and saved them somewhere in Google or other websites. For some reason, Google also consider pages with integrity. Same as videos, make sure they are decent videos and related to your content and niche. You also need to have inside linking for your pages. I suggest 2-3 inside links on every pages and articles. Inside linking helps for your link building campaign. Tags are also important factors for your content. As much as possible, indicate few tags in every post or content.
5. Avoid plagiarism! Do not copy and paste any content from other sites. If you happen to make a research and found great ideas from other websites, you just have to take some ideas and comprehend them. Write your understanding on your own words. Make it original.
7. Ads – Google Ads, Amazon, Ebay or any affiliate marketing you have must be place on its right location on your website. As long as possible, minimize them. Too much of ads could be destructive for your visitors and for search engines as well.
8. Regular Updates – Website must have regular updates such as writing articles or content. You can also do off-page campaign to update your website. Make a schedule of how would you like to update your website and be consistent on doing it. It’s could be once a month, twice a month, or daily as long as you make a regular updates. The reason why you’re doing that it’s because search engines also updates their algorithm every now and them. For example Google updates every day but they make a major updates on every 3 months or 6 months. So make sure you do your optimization regularly on both off-page and on-page.
9. Meta Tags and Keywords – There are several plug-ins available for your to generate your meta tags and keywords easier although you can also make it on your own. It’s very easy and will only take few minutes. You can install ALL IN ONE SEO PACK by Michael Torbert. Keywords must be chosen wisely and used webmaster keyword tools to generate them. Study the keywords competition and volume of searches. Take consideration the percentage of how often a keyword is being search on different search engines. As long as possible set your keywords on every pages of the website or you can used 2-3 pages with keywords for optimization.
10. Verification Code, XML, HTML and Sitemap – These are the most important part for on-page optimization. It’s like your keys to search engine doors. You must have your verification codes. Arrange your XML and HTML. Sitemaps must be used. You can get your search engine verification code by registering to search engine webmaster sites. Then, upload your verification code to your FTP or you can insert them on your HTML tags.